Benjamin Moore has released the color palette of the year featuring the color of the year, and it’s a throwback to a simpler time. Drum roll, please… And the color of the year is Simply White. Yes, a true classic with the rest of the color palette being excellent accent colors for the lovely simplicity of white. It is amazing what a beautiful stark white can do to make other colors and accent pieces pop.
This year the decorating trend is to incorporate layers of white and colors that play well with each other. The creaminess of white contrasted with the intensity of black. The beauty of fresh white paint contrasted with the natural look of hardwoods. The luscious white color that is used to bring a visitor’s eye to the room’s focal point or the beauty of the fabulous colors on accent walls.
Think of pairing this color of the year with some of these incredible colors included on the 2016 palette when it comes time for your next painting project:
- Paper White – a lovely off-white grayish color
- Ice Mist – a pearlescent white
- Morning Sky Blue – a light blue
- Lemonade – an appealing light shade of yellow
- Cream Puff – a creamy peachy color
- Enchanted – a light purple fit for a princess
- Kittery Point Green – a light creamy green
- Banana Yellow – a bright sunny pop of yellow
- Patriot Blue – a dark royal blue
- Black Ink – a rich black
- French Press – a yummy chocolate coffee color
Some of the other colors included in this coming year’s paint palette are Mascarpone, Ballet White, White Heaven, Gray Owl, White Satin, Ravishing Red, Gentle Violet, Luxe, Blue Echo, Weimaraner, and Royal Flush.
There are some fabulous colors included on Benjamin Moore’s 2016 color palette. The variety means that there is a color for any person’s taste or painting project. From layering subtle shades of white to drawing the eye with a bright splash of yellow or red amid a sea of white, there is a lot that can be done visually with these stunning colors.