If you have siding on your home in Hudson Valley, New York, that looks like it needs to be replaced, consider having the job done before winter temperatures set in for a few months. Damaged siding can mean that you have a problem with rot. Rotting or decaying siding can allow water to get into your home and cause structural damages.
Reasons to Replace the Siding on Your House:
- If you have wood siding that is rotting, it is time to replace it or upgrade to a vinyl siding that withstands the weather better.
- If you notice your siding has cracks or holes in it, then moisture may be under your siding and damaging your home. It also looks bad! Have your siding replaced to keep insects and pests away too.
- If you don’t have the time to manage the siding on your home, you may want to have it replaced with low-maintenance siding, so you don’t have to put as much work into home maintenance.
- When you feel walls and windows, and there is a draft, then replacing your siding can help eliminate the drafts and save you money on your heating and cooling bills.
- If you have panels of siding that are warped or bulging, then you could have a lot of damage under your siding. Removing the siding to inspect under it and have the damage repaired is necessary to make sure your house is structurally sound. You may also need to replace the siding on your home with something more reliable.
- If you notice mold on your interior walls, inspect the siding on the same exterior walls. If it looks damaged or isn’t against the house correctly, then you should have a professional repair your home and get rid of the mold damage.
- You may want to replace your siding to raise the value of your home. If you want to sell your home, new siding can help it look more modern and is an excellent selling point!