The New Year is a time for many to make their resolutions on how they want to improve themselves and their life, but don’t overlook making New Year’s Resolutions for your home. This is a perfect time of year to start determining what changes you want to make over the coming year that can help to complement your other resolutions. Just a few steps will allow you to customize a plan to fit your needs.
- Assess your home and yard. What changes do you want to see made? What needs to be fixed? Would a new coat of paint help to spruce up your rooms? Is it time to add on that new room for your growing family? Ready to get that new garage built to have a space for your vehicles and other items that will keep them out of the cold for next winter? Thinking that a new storage system might be necessary to corral all the new items received over the holidays? At this point, think of all the projects you’d like to see done whether they are a necessity or a luxury.
- Create a list of ideas for changes that could be made to improve your home based on your assessment. Divide your list into projects that need to be done and projects that you’d like to see done. This can help you to prioritize the projects.
- Evaluate what projects you’ll be able to tackle with a trip to the DIY store, and which projects a professional may be better suited to complete. This can help you to create a project schedule as every resolution needs set goals to be successful.
- Visiting the DIY store for pricing on your easier to do projects and getting a contractor quote can help to narrow down your schedule to what you can and cannot afford to tackle during the New Year. You can also look at financing options for projects as well. Peak Construction of The Hudson Valley offers financing which is a great option for projects under $30k.
- Make final decisions on what is going to work for you, and what is not. Setting a budget, and sticking with it can help in determining which projects will be feasible this year.
- Get to work!
The final step of putting all your planning and prep in place can often be the hardest thing to tackle, but once you sit back to enjoy your hard work, you’ll see that it was well worth the effort. Any project from the little details like a fresh-coat of paint to large projects like adding on that sunroom will help to make your home seem almost new again, and make you fall back in love with your space.
Finally – If you want some great ideas check out our portfolio! https://www.peakconstruction.biz/portfolio/additions-portfolio/