Spring is a time of new beginnings. The world becomes bright and vibrant again. Baby animals frolic and play among the greenery. It’s a time of beauty and getting outdoors. Don’t neglect your indoors, as there are plenty of showers that will keep you inside. Spring into cleaning to get your home just as fresh as the outdoors. Open the windows to let in the fresh air and get working. Here are some tips on how to best tackle your spring-cleaning plans.
- Plan for cleaning and reorganizing to completely revitalize your home and give it a fresh feeling.
- Break it up so it does not seem so overwhelming. For instance, make a plan to clean one or two rooms a day or to clean one day and then reorganize the next.
- Get the whole family involved as they might be more inclined to help keep it clean when they were involved with the cleaning process.
- Create a spring-cleaning bucket with all the supplies that you might need for the task at hand. Your favorite cleaning spray, sponges, scrubbers, rubber gloves, paper towels, garbage bags and anything else that might come in handy. This will make it so you don’t have to stop what you are doing to get supplies. There is nothing worse than getting out of the cleaning groove, and then having to get yourself back into it.
- Get rid of that extra clutter by donating or selling items you no longer use or feel it might be time to replace. A garage sale can be fun at the beginning of the season and a great way to bring in a little extra cash. Donating it to a charity is also a good idea as it will benefit your community, and it will be cleared out of your home in one shot.
- Find ways to motivate yourself to clean. Listen to music to help you get going. Plan on a reward yourself when you reach certain milestones in your cleaning. A little chocolate treat for reorganizing that closet or a new lamp for the living room after getting rid of your clutter.
Spring-cleaning can seem overwhelming in that you are removing the winter blahs, but it is a necessary evil. After being cooped up all winter, you are ready to be outside, but your home shouldn’t be neglected. Get your interior to match your exterior by following a spring-cleaning plan.